[DeTomaso] Pantera wheel pattern

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Thu Nov 6 22:13:25 EST 2008

Dear Boyd,

                          The simplest, safest and sanest approach to
obtaining "a larger wheel and low profile tire for a more modern look for
driving on the street" is to contact the Pantera vendors and survey what
they offer.   They will have the right sizes and offsets.   They may be
pricier than "wheel vendors (who) are not familiar with Panteras", but the
price difference is that you don't have to pay those wheel vendors more than
once  as they experiment with your wheels trying to get them to fit.   Trust
me on this.   I learned the hard way.   I saw a set of wheels I had to have.
The "wheel vendor" claimed that he, of course, knew all about Panteras.   I
bought the wheels.   A while later I upgraded the suspension and wanted the
car to ride lower.   Wouldn't do it because the brand X vendor had only
approximated the Pantera offset.   They were improperly set up and prevented
the optimal use of the new suspension.   Solution to buying the brand X
wheels?   Contact the manufacturer.   Find out they are essentially out of
business except for one remaining dealer.   His price to take the used
wheels back and fix the problem is only a tiny bit less expensive than a new
set from Pantera Performance.   I bought another the new Pantera Performance
set of wheels that bolted on, fit the first time correctly and are
problem-free.   Don't screw around with wheel vendors for your Pantera.
Deal with the Pantera vendors.   Their expertise is worth the price
differential.

                                           Mr. Helpful,  Chuck Engles

PS: the bolt pattern is normal Ford wheel pattern