[DeTomaso] Engine/ZF pull - instructions & recommendations?

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 18:42:02 EST 2008

Tony, I use a load leveler with the front of it attached to the carb flange and I use an axle strap around the ZF attached to the rear (the end with the crank) of the load leveler. I close couple the load leveler to both the carb plate and the ZF which has the load leveler at about a 30-45 degree angle to the centerline of the engine/ZF. When I start to lift the engine/ZF, it comes straight up and after removing the engine mounts, I start to tilt the engine/ZF until my 10qt pan clears the cross member and I pull back and tilt the ZF up and continue to lift and pull back and tilt until the load leveler clears the roof and the ZF clears the rear of the engine compartment. Once I'm clear of the roof, I continue to lift and then start to level off the engine/ZF to clear the rear of the engine comparment and then drop it down to the ground. I hope that's clear...?????