[DeTomaso] Engine/ZF pull - instructions & recommendations?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Nov 5 15:49:57 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/5/08 8:13:07 AM, cengles at cox.net writes:

> 180 headers ? Hmm, while I *guess* it should be possible to pull the
> drivetrain with them attached, I would want a real close look at how much space
> there is around them.

THe real problem is, if you leave them attached to the heads, you still have
to separate the mufflers and/or the main pipe joint above the bellhousing
since the ends protrude thru the rear panel and keeop one from tilting and sliding
the package backward.. I personally find it easier to unbolt the headers at
the cylinder heads rather than at the center joints, but some may prefer to do
it the other way. FWIW- J DeRyke