[DeTomaso] Engine/ZF pull - instructions & recommendations?

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 10:08:29 EST 2008

Chuck wrote :  I found the load leveler to be a
        problem. It my experience, it decreased the working room above the
        drivetrain and produced an embarrassing dent in the undersurface of the
        rear roof requiring a gentle fix by my friendly paint and body man.
        Oops.

        Warmest regards, Chuck Engles

Yes, I agree it is tight. It must be VERY close to the top of the engine, and then angled down to the point where you pick up the ZF. But, it does fit and it makes the pull MUCH easier.