[DeTomaso] Engine/ZF pull - instructions & recommendations?

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Wed Nov 5 09:56:19 EST 2008

Follow up questions.

Can Weber carbs be left on the motor?

Can 180 headers be left on the motor?

Larry (someday) - Cleveland

-----Original Message-----
From: detomaso-bounces at realbig.com [mailto:detomaso-bounces at realbig.com] On
Behalf Of cengles at cox.net
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 9:47 AM
To: scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Cc: detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Engine/ZF pull - instructions & recommendations?

Dear Scott and Tony,

Interesting discussion on R&R drivetrain techniques.

I had not removed the six lower bolts holding the motor mounts on. I had
always removed the two angled bolts in the upper motor mount. I suppose that
removing the six lower bolts for the lower motor mount would permit a
straight lift up slightly and then out. Seems like a good idea.

I remove the carb and distributor cap only from the top of the engine.

I found the load leveler to be a problem. It my experience, it decreased the
working room above the drivetrain and produced an embarassing dent in the
undersurface of the rear roof requiring a gentle fix by my friendly paint
and body man. Oops.

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles