[DeTomaso] Engine/ZF pull - instructions & recommendations?

Scott Couchman scottcouchman at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 4 23:41:49 EST 2008

woops, forgot the Subject line....:-)

tony DiGiovanna wrote: "No magic.  Tips:
To maximize your happiness, take the carb off.
I also take the intake off.
Take the distributor out.
Take the alternator off.
take the dipstick off.
Take the thermostat housing off.
Take the water pump pully off, if not the
whole water pump, take the A/C-alternator bracket off"

FWIW, except for the carb, I don't DO ANY OF THAT.....way too much work
Much easier to remove all that stuff if necessary once the engine
is out of the car. Get an engine lift plate that mounts to the
4 carb mounting bolts and use that to lift the engine.
Other than that, leave all that other stuff on and just pull it out.
I do agree that the I hate the 8 bolts that mount the half shafts the most!