[DeTomaso] Fuel Gage Linearizer-Beer can crusher LMAO!!!

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Tue Nov 4 15:04:28 EST 2008

Fast Eddie!

Watched your u-tube video of the can crusher. Impressive!!!!  Best one that I have seen on the web!  That is one stuffed garage/shop!!!

You do realize that you are only one diverter valve and a few lines of code away from an in house vacuum cleaning system.....right? Would probably make the wife happy! :))

I was thinking more along the caveman route...old school stationary 1 cylinder motor...pop pop pop......pop....type thing connected to a piston/crusher affair, but with an automatic feed hopper of sorts.  Seems the hopper part, to get the cans to feed properly is the most challenging from what I have seen. Just dump your collection can into the hopper and walk away....sort of....   I just like the sound of the old stationary engines! (Tough to find these days!)

Eliminate the need to touch each can individually and you have a system!  Your solution is just plain too damned elegant!!!!

Can it detect if some asswipe puts in a glass bottle? You said that you had optical sensors....

Ciao!
Steve