[DeTomaso] "Pantera Club" race weekend at Willow Springs last weekend

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Tue Nov 4 03:54:36 EST 2008

I knew it would happen sooner or later.
Each outing we have less and less Panteras at this event.
When I started 10 years ago the majority of cars were Panteras.
This last weekend we did not have a single Pantera on the course.
Chris Qualls brought his but it didn't leave the trailer as he was running Jeff's Craftsman truck.
Colin Haney, Jim Saxton, Matt Merrit and several others have sold their race Panteras.
Dr. Abe was there but was still waiting for headers for his sbc Pantera.
I've still got the engines out of both The Winged Warrior and The Beast. I'm somewhat ashamed to mention I ran a Z whatever Corvette for almost unlimited laps (and didn't blow it up!). It was fun but not as fun as racing a Pantera.
We need a fresh crop of racers!

Dan
Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456