[DeTomaso] New Carb - Recommendations?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 18:55:06 EST 2008

In a message dated 11/3/08 13 15 17, charlesmccall at gmail.com writes:

> The carb worked great on Mike's
> car, and ran horribly on mine. I spent considerable time and effort swapping
> out jets, etc trying to get it to run well.

I did mention that he got a batch of bad carbs, which didn't work well at
all--I suspect yours was one of them.

There's a lot to be said for having a carb hand-built by an expert, but
you've got to start with something.   You at least had the perfect base, and were
able to have it tweaked as necessary (you say he replaced a bunch of parts?
Other than jets, and maybe a power valve, I find that difficult to believe?)   I
don't know where Erik is starting from, i.e. what he currently has.