[DeTomaso] Fuel Gage Linearizer

michaelsavga at gmail.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 23:48:37 EDT 2008

What.  Nah. Its a electric scale under the tank.  No head pressure required. Unless you mean the hand on the head while the steaks are cooking.

From: "Edward A. Nauman" <enauman at roadrunner.com>

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 19:04:24
To: <michaelsavga at gmail.com>; Email Forum Pantera<detomaso at list.realbig.com>
Subject: RE: [DeTomaso] Fuel Gage Linearizer

A lot of level/quantity measurements are made using weight derived from head
pressure such as your washing machine.  Since the pressure in a small tank
is so small, the signal conditioning required to make the measurement is
more complicated than reading the voltage off of a pot. To fabricate a load
cell arrangement to measure the actual fuel weight in a tank mounted in a
vehicle would be a very costly and complex undertaking considering the value
of the data.  The lookup table was the most economical method to give the
desired accuracy with the minimum amount of effort to implement the
measurement.

Edward A. Nauman\
C.E.O.
Smart Litez Inc