[DeTomaso] Tires

Dagny Kristine Bakken dagny-kr at online.no
Sat May 31 20:05:00 EDT 2008

Putting a wide tire on a small rim cause a comfortable ride,but a more
flimsy handling,so my guess is that you use a tire not much wider than the
stock 225/70x15 used on the panteras 8" rear rim.One thing to consider is
that the diameter of the original 225/70x15 tires was 27,55 inches,and that
some(much)of the improvment the european GTS models received ,was to get a
lower tire.The stock tire they got on their 10" rear was 285/50x15 with a
diameter of 26.36 inches,thereby lowering the car and take away some
tirewall flex,causing better handling for driving fast on twisty
roads.Tirerack has a Pirelli P600 in 235/60ZRx15(diameter 26.2 inches) and a
Pirelli P4000E in 225/65 ZRx15 (dia 26.6inches) who teoretically should be a
good choise.The 185/70x15(diameter 25.3 inches) orginally on the 7" rim up
front,they have a possible replacement for in Pirelli P6 195/60VR x15
(diameter 24,3 inches).As an comparsion the euro GTS received 225/50x15
(diameter 23,99 inches)for their 8" front rims.Hope this can help :)

Best regards
Øyvind Bakken