[DeTomaso] Weiand Water pump

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat May 31 16:13:08 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/31/08 12 02 54, wdemelo at cogeco.ca writes:

> I just ordered the Weiand 8209 water pump and read that it does not have
> the by-pass circuit in it. I know it can be modified to have the bypass in it.
> Is the bypass recommended? What will happen if I don't have the bypass?
> Longer time for the motor to get to proper operating temp?

Exactly.   Also, with the thermostat closed, there is no water flow anywhere;
the water pump is just chugging away but the water is more or less stationary
throughout the system, which can potentially lead to hot spots if you have a
high-temp thermostat.   Only when the thermostat opens does water start
flowing.

Mike (with the same Weiand pump...)