[DeTomaso] air filter

BillsStore at aol.com BillsStore at aol.com
Sat May 31 13:45:58 EDT 2008

Another reason to change AIR FILTERS  in cars OFTEN.  As per My  Pantera does
not get driven very much so little thought is paid to air  filter.  Well it
backfired and caught the filter on fire.  Luckly only  burned fingers and
towels were the result.  Just yesterday I stopped  behind a 80s Tex Cadillac ((P/U)
at a stop sign.  All of a sudden  lots of smoke came from the hood and exited
driver franticly getting hood open  and filter off.  I was scrambling for
some rags as the only thing  I had.  He was able to get the burning AIR FILTER
off the P/U but  it looked like a couple of plug wires and some other loom had
damage, i.e.  major $$ to fix for a $8 dirty filter.

Bill Vasser

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.