[DeTomaso] Tires

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 31 11:52:11 EDT 2008

Just get the Toyo tires Garth recommends, and be done with it!!! They fit and look great on his car! How often will you be driving over 130mph?
  Hell, I've got 305s (BFGs) on 8" wheels for the last 7 years with no problems. I know they are not for everyone because for the bulge but it works for me.

  Curt

  I'd like to shaddup but I'm going to whine some more after having taken
another two hours on line to understand this.

I have 7 and 8 inch Campys. A 295 treadwidth tire has a recommended rim
width of about 10 inches. To me, that tire is way too wide to put on 8"
rims. That and it's H rated, not V rated, so I don't think I'm going
down that route. I want a minimum V rating all the way around.

Even a 275/50VR15 from Nitto has a minimum approved rim width of 7½
inches, meaning it's probably not a good idea to mount one there, but
perhaps close enough. Although it would be a fantastic size for the
rear wheels. I need to match the tires all the way around. I can have
different sizes, but they need to come from the same family of tire, not
just brand.

yea, difficult unless I want to crowbar money out of my wallet to buy
new rims, which I'm trying to avoid at the moment. Darn me and all my
cars running on 15" wheels. ;)

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie