[DeTomaso] Unpainted Bodies

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed May 28 20:32:49 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/28/08 4:24:25 PM, jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com writes:

> I have always been curious about the supposition that  "It is true that for
> a period of time, unpainted bodies were allowed to sit
> outside at Vignale"  How do actually know this?  Do we know the dates and
> serial numbers of the Panteras affected?

I don't remember the exact timeframe, but Italy was racked with national
strikes throughout the years of Pantera production, and the assembly line would
shut down periodically as a result.   Don Coleman mentioned that being a problem
during his short tenure as the head of the program in 1971.

I've seen a photo of a whole bunch of bare-metal unfinished bodies sitting
outside the Vignale works, but I can't remember where I saw it?