[DeTomaso] Paint Colors

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 28 12:37:36 EDT 2008

Bob,

Look in the Registry for car 1826.  At the bottom are a couple of photos.

Chuck

Guys,
 The more posts I read from everybody on the different
colors available on our P-cars the more I notice a lot of
you mention that you believe that your car was originally
painted "puke lime green" as Kirby & several others have
called it. If I look under my dash I also might believe that
my car was originally painted this green from the factory.
However, I'm now starting to wonder if perhaps this wasn't
some type of primer that was applied during construction
of the car either by painting or dipping of the body before
the actual color coat was applied. Maybe it was meant as
an anti-corrosion coating (god forbid!) or just a base coat
before the actual car color was applied?? Can a lot of you
see this green coating under your dash - I'll bet you can.
I don't know for sure what the original color was on my car
but for Chuck's Registry I listed it as green just because of this under
dash "puke lime green" color. Anybody out there
have a car that doesn't have this green coating under the
dash? Just my theory - FWIW

Bob