[DeTomaso] Color batches...

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 27 12:45:36 EDT 2008

I have a color photo of the Vignale production line, with several yellow
Panteras in a row.

I would think it would be reasonable to paint a few cars (perhaps all in one
day) with the same color.  At the end of the day one would clean the
equipment, and then the next day one might paint a different color.

I have been analyzing the production for some time, and during the busy
times there might be 8-10 cars created in a day.

Processing data for the Registry I find batches of original colors that
support this belief.  I hope more people go to the effort to determine their
car's original color and enter it into the Registry.

Chuck

> Interesting, I followed a link on the page and saw that another car used
> for
> racing of some sort was identified as chassis number 01189 and yet it was
> NOT a push button.
>
> Whaz up with that?
>
>>>Where is that on the site?   Can you provide a direct link?

As for the cars being painted in batches, my car is #3960, and was yellow
from the factory.   I've spoken with several people whose car serial numbers
are
+/- a few from mine, and they were all yellow too.

Mike

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with
Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
      (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&
?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)