[DeTomaso] Pantera Width vs GT4 GT5

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun May 25 21:39:48 EDT 2008

>The chassis bits (A-arms and such) were the same; the additional >width was all in the bodywork, and the wider wheels.

Same dimensionally, except the GT5 rear upper a-arm is adjustable using a heim joint, not the early style ball joint. FWIW the front lower a-arm also has an additional tab that looks to be for afixing brake cooling ducting from the air dam.

BTW, Larry Stock has a local guy fabricating some of the adjustable upper rear a-arms.

I just spent the last 2 days at Reno-Fernley Raceway with the GT5 and the wider track is a significant plus compared to my narrow body, but on the street and around town it's a minus! Julian