[DeTomaso] Colin Haney's Gr4 Pantera on the block in France

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 25 21:31:31 EDT 2008

Hi guys,

Those of you who attended the Las Vegas event in the past few years will
remember Colin Haney's beautiful Gr4 conversion, #2846.   This was a street car
that lived on the street for a few years, and then was modified to racing
specifications in the mid 1970s, equipped with Gr4 flares, and US-made mag wheels,
and then raced at Sebring in 1977 and 1978, as well as Road Atlanta, Hallett,
etc.

Colin had it for a few years, then had it up for sale for a couple of years.
 Eventually it was purchased, and immediately appeared for sale at Fantasy
Junction in Emeryville, CA.   I went and looked at it while it was there; nice
car!

The Cleveland was long gone, replaced by a monster Windsor, as Colin had no
vintage race ambitions and just built it to use as a track day play car.

Apparently it was sold, as it has moved to the 'sold' section of their
website:

http://www.fantasyjunction.com/archive.php?id=e76dfecf5ec186578818f919c769a540

Lo and behold, while thumbing through Classic & Sports Car magazine, I found
an ad for an upcoming auction of classic and competition cars that was held on
May 4th in the south of France, and there it is again.   It is lot 114 in the
catalog below:

http://www.stanislasmachoir.com/acceuil/textedacceuil/image/automobiles.pdf

I don't know how to find out what it sold for; perhaps the results will be
revealed in upcoming issues of the C&SC magazine in the auction results section?