[DeTomaso] Degree'n the Cam(s)- Or, Has Anyone Used the Cloyes Hex-A-Just System?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun May 25 13:44:46 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/25/08 10 26 30, rimov at charter.net writes:

> Mike wrote " (I haven't touched my car since I was pushed all the way home
> from Las Vegas...except to unload the bags)" ?

The starter solonoid died at the end of the day on Friday.   I had to get
push-started to get it back to the hotel.   On Saturday I jacked it up and
crawled underneath; the solonoid housing on the starter was cracked.   I wiggled the
main battery cable and it snapped off in my hand. :<(

Not wanting to be upside down under the car in the parking lot on Saturday
night, I blew it off, secure in the knowledge that I'd be travelling home with a
group.   Sunday morning, several people push-started me, and at each
subsequent stop, helpful club members would get me going again.

Towards the end of the drive, it was just me and Larry Finch, and because it
was quite hot, the car didn't want to fire.   He pushed me out of a gas
station and into the street, with no luck, and then just about wanted to die.   A
few passing motorists saw what was happening and stopped; the team of strangers
then helped Larry one last time, and VAROOM!   I drove it the rest of the way
home, drove it into the garage and slammed the door, and haven't had a moment
to touch it since.

I'm heading to Afghanistan tomorrow, but will attend to it when I get back (I
actually had the replacement solonoid sitting at home for a year, because I
discovered the old one had cracked a year ago, ordered the replacement, then
forgot about it!   DUH!!!)