[DeTomaso] HALL BLACK BILLET GAS CAP

fresnofinches at aol.com fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat May 24 15:51:15 EDT 2008

Many us owners of Pre-L Panteras have cars with the curved Hall Pantera filler neck.
It came with a nice billet
aluminum cap, black anodized and with the Isis logo.

I, along
with another owner, recently lost that nice cap.
What we found was none
of the vendors have a replacement.
Unless you consider a junky-looking
plastic Permacap an acceptable replacement.

Well,
through the wonders of the Internet and some common sense,
I have
arranged for the new machining of these caps.
The supplier is the same
machinist that is the source for many of the
billet aluminum parts sold
by the vendors.

The cap will be available in plain, natural
aluminum for $30 or black anodized
with an Isis logo for $40. Of
course, there will be a shipping charge,
but I've dealt with him before
and there should be no outrageous s/h gouging going on.

I am
providing him with my filler neck in early June as a pattern to work
from,
and delivery should follow in a pretty reasonable period.

If you have this filler neck, I suggest you consider contacting him to get in line for a spare.

It
does sort of baffle me as to why I, in about two hours time,
can manage
to arrange this - but the vendors stock response has been to just say

"Sorry, how about a junky-looking plastic Permacap, instead?"

Because
of this, if you are interested, I suggest your order should go directly
to the
machinist instead of rewarding the vendors, and incurring their
markup,
when they obviously couldn't be bothered to provide these for
us on their own.

I'm sure they will be stocking this cap, now that a source has been found. ;-)

I am not doing this for any personal profit and
am not selling them myself.
It was something I needed, another owner
needed, and it just seemed to be
something that could be arranged
without too much effort.

It was, so I did.