[DeTomaso] To thermostat or not to thermostat

Don Thomas dtpantera at gmail.com
Wed May 21 16:29:21 EDT 2008

One of the best write-ups I have seen related to automotive cooling is this
article -> http://www.stewartcomponents.com/tech_tips/Tech_Tips_6.htm

I have seen many published misconceptions like, "the fluid needs to be
moving slower so that it stays in the heat exchanger longer and picks up
more heat" - nonsense.  Consider the radiator of an automobile.  If the air
flow through it is faster - it cools better.  If the water flow through it
is faster - it cools better.

Anyway, I hope that helps...

Cheers,

-dt