[DeTomaso] Windshield Leaking

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Tue May 20 23:01:32 EDT 2008

I did clear silicone.  It stopped the water from leaking on my floor.  Give
it a liberal dose.  It's hard to see the clear stuff, but it yellows after a
couple of years.

Some people say that you don't want silicone that cures with
ammonia/acetone?  I don't remember, but they say it's bad for the metal.
I'm not that worried about that since the metal needs work anyway.  If it
bothers you, buy silicone for a fish tank.  It doesn't have any weird
chemicals in it.  It's going to seal up just fine too.  If it holds fish
tanks together (fish tanks don't have any other adhesive holding them
together), it'll stop rain - maybe even at Mad Dawg speeds.

Will.