[DeTomaso] Autopsy

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 17:01:10 EDT 2008

The dist gear looked fine.  The teeth were a little sharper than I'd like,
but not bad.

I haven't taken the front cover off yet.

I'm still at a loss for the cause.  I figured I sucked debris into the open
Webers, but that doesn't explain why the #3/7 rod journal is badly
overheated.  I'm okay with the rest of the journals being worn.  That's what
I'd expect with debris being pumped all through the engine. I just don't get
why #3/7 would be special.

I'll take the rest apart this week and post pics.

I can't wait to get this 351C in the dumpster so I can get my new 307 Chevy
installed.

Will.