[DeTomaso] wierd leak

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Mon May 19 14:33:25 EDT 2008

Here's one for you:

As some of you know, I left my car in Medford (is that like "I left my heart in San Francisco?") on the way to Vegas since it was burning oil and dumping a bunch out the tailpipes.  It did make it the 950 miles to and from Medford, however.

Anyway, I noticed something slightly dripping from the from of the car, so I put newspaper under that area.  Next day I take a look, and it looks like motor oil is dripping from where the radiator is!  I checked and it sure doesn't seem to be coolant, which is what I would have expected.  It seems greasier than that.  Plus I have all new hoses and a new, brass radiator.

I though maybe it was power steering fluid, except my car doesn't have power steering!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris