[DeTomaso] Autopsy

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Mon May 19 02:49:39 EDT 2008

The valves are one-piece Ferrea stainless.  I don't think the valve failed
first.  It's possible.  I'm not convinced, though.

What about the melted rod bearing and the black journal?  The #3 + #7
journal obviously had problems.  Have you ever seen a rod journal overheat
when you lose a piston?

Will.

  _____