[DeTomaso] Time capsule P-car on Ebay

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat May 17 16:00:46 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/16/08 1:41:03 PM, P6746 at aol.com writes:
snip....
> However, I don't know why the mastercylinder would have been changed, my
> original has given me no trouble and is supposedly rebuildable, and it
> necessitated the turning of the windshield washer bottle.

Benditalia (Bendix-Italy) power brake units are not officially rebuildable-
either the master cylinder nor the power booster, due to someone in the past
buying a rebuild kit, exceeding his personal skill level and wrecking the car
with injury. Results of the lawsuit were that Bendix-Italia as well as a few
other Euro suppliers no longer sell brake rebuild kits, only complete
replacements. FWIW, the vendors say this assembly is readily available ($$$) from your
local Ferrari dealer as its used in the 308-series F-cars. FWIW- J DeRyke