[DeTomaso] Time capsule P-car on Ebay

Richard Greenblum pantera at austin.rr.com
Fri May 16 12:27:14 EDT 2008

Garth, you said:

Engine compartment stripped of undercoating and painted flat black (should
be body color)

>>Mine came with that satin finish but undercoated.

DeTomaso logo valve stem caps on wheels

>>Those were added.

ZF appears to have been hand-polished (poorly)

Straps that secure the AC hoses are riveted and possibly incorrect

>>Mine came exactly like the picture.

Half-shafts appear to be Spicers

>>I can't say whether they're aftermarket, but my original shafts had a
green hue to them like the picture.

Snorkel appears to be missing from air cleaner

>>Mine had the snorkel facing forward and to the right (to the passenger's
right shoulder).  So, the picture is probably correct.

Original aluminum DeTomaso plates missing from valve covers (like the one
mounted on the rear cross member)

>>Mine didn't come with those plates, just the orange stickers.

Undercoating sprayed all over the underside of the car, including the A-arms
and coolant tubes (could have been dealer applied)

>>It was and mine had it.

Gates Green-Sripe hose & double clamps (desirable, just not stock) Don't
know about the one covered with undercoating though.

>>I'm sure they were added along with the master cylinder, the shift knob,
and the plate behind the sway bar, and the battery hold down is not original
either.

My car is a 74 GTS (USA)

Richard