[DeTomaso] GR4 Wheels & Tires

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Fri May 16 09:31:08 EDT 2008

Is this going to be a track car or a street car?

If it's a street car, I imagine looks will be pretty important.  In that
case, you might try mounting some wheels and doing some measuring.  On my
stock bodied 72, I'm using 335-35-17 and 245-45-16.  They fill the wheel
houses nicely, even though the rear tires slightly visually overpower the
fronts.

Of course on your Grp 4, you'll need wider tires in order to look right.  My
point was that the sizes I mentioned filled the wheel houses and they look
right.  On a street car, you'll want to do the same.

If it's a track car, you probably want to talk to Tom Upton - or who's that
other guy, Kirby something.  I think Tom runs a much shorter tire in the
front - maybe 14's.

Will.