[DeTomaso] Fw: More Problems....

Will Demelo wdemelo at cogeco.ca
Thu May 15 22:59:26 EDT 2008

Well the AC is charged and blowing cold but..... I have yet another issue. I found a broken orange wire on my alternator the other day and tried to fix it without disconnecting the battery. Yep, you guessed it... I got a flash with my screw-driver off the red terminal on the alternator.
I repaired the orange wire and it started charging, but the car was running like a bag of dirt. Felt like 5 of 8 cylinders were firing. It turns out my MSD and tach adapter were damaged. So I purchased another set and it runs great except for the tach. It still doesn't work.
How can I test it? I'm pretty sure it's at the tach because I replaced everything else and it was working before I got the flash at the alternator. Are they hard to remove? Can I test it? Can I have it repaired?
Thanks again,
Will