[DeTomaso] Other Aero Issues

Peter Kovacs peter-kovacs at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 15 15:53:03 EDT 2008

Remember Yokohama A008's ??

Peter Kovacs
Property Equity & Mortgage Mgmt
209 345-6708
209 523-4919 fx

----- Original Message ----
From: John Maffeo <johnmaffeo1 at yahoo.com>
To: Dickruzzindesign at aol.com; red3644 at hotmail.com; detomaso at realbig.com
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 9:30:31 AM
Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Other Aero Issues

I've also heard that the Indy cars are working with the tire manufacturers to produce dimpled tires. Preliminary tests with re-treads applied to the tire walls have been very positive.

  John

Dickruzzindesign at aol.com wrote:
  I suggest that you do the entire car in a dimple finish, similar to a
golfball which has been scientifically proven to reduce drag. I would pay particular
attention to the underbody surfaces and all areas that lead into the radiator
opening. Considerable reductions in drag can also be realized by dimpling
surfaces of the suspension, springs, a-arms, etc.

Wheels and wheelhouse inners can also be done as this is a very important
area since there is a lot of turbulence and increased drag caused by wheel
rotation.

You should also tape up any body cuts and reduce the radiator intake to as
small an opening as possible. If you have a fan shroud you can compute the front
air intake and close it off to match that in square inches.

It is too bad that you do not have a way to measure all of this but what the
heck you already know it is in the right direction.

All the best,
Dick Ruzzin,______________________DickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com
920 Whittier Rd.
Grosse Pointe Park, MI 48230
Home: +313-824-0539, Cell: +313-300-9558

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family
favorites at AOL Food.