[DeTomaso] Finally someone makes sense....Re: Rear DeckLid Needed

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 04:43:22 EDT 2008

I agree Goran.
These yankee imperialist dogs are killing me....Get off the crack slackers..
A steel, carbon fiber,  kevlar, fiberglass or any combination of decklid or hood material if properly secured is not coming off a Pantera unless you are going backwards. And 99% of you will NEVER go faster then I do.  I go faster backwards  then all of you.  I will go faster then 101% of you when I turn 60 in a month....;-]>
It's 1:30AM...time to hit the road for the NORC.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
P.S. Big thanks to Harv and Joe at their shop in Whittier for getting the Pantera ready. We road tested it backwards for 20 miles using baling wire to secure hood and decklid. We set my 7-11 60 oz Big Slurpy cup with yarn attached and noticed that there is a low drag area at the frontal portion of the down forced big dipper.

Göran Malmberg <hemipanter at hemipanter.se> wrote: While checking pressure-lift forces on the lid using springs at the rear and
a scale, I didnt find very much of anything. By adjusting the rear wing
things
start to happen.
When looking at different lid arrangement I wonder what one is after?
More donforce over the rear wheels?
Less drag?
Engine compartment venting?
Ground effect?
And there is selldome any valuble testing results shown. Personally I
wouldnt
buy and mount anything not specified what it does and how much, on a car.
Normally when a lifting force is present on for example front wheel housing,
louvers is used. Couldnt we considered the rear lid "hole" to destroy lid
lift?
Maybe at the expence of drag. But total drag for the Pantera is not to
great.
Porsche 911 has a slick rear shape but great lift.
Goran