[DeTomaso] TRANNY & 485.8 RWHP & TRIPLE DISC CLUTCH????

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 23:22:41 EDT 2008

Blondie,

The Pantera is not ready. If she is not100% good to go by tomorrow I won't be taking the Pantera up to the NORC friday.   Taking myself to cheer on Jason and Chuck and everyone else who does go.

 Dawg

Rick Moseley <moseleya at pacbell.net> wrote: Since this got mailed to me privately by a third party, I guess I was
expected to jump in here...

Since Gary Umphenour and I are now the hands working on the aforementioned
Tommy Bahama Qvale Mangusta race car, I can tell you there is little or no
need to when you get to the level of a wide body Hewland (or Xtrac - Mike
Davis WCC Mustang) to go to such lengths unless you just have a ton of money
and want to spend it for minimal gains. The now 8 year old Hewland from the
Mangusta looks great every time we take it apart, save the dog rings which
are considered "consumable" anyway.  We tear the Hewland down almost every
event, change the oil every event.

The ZF was designed for a big hulking road paver so I think it will take the
torque Dawgy Style is throwing at it.  The key here and for the other forums
to consider is maintenance.  Service your ZF and life out the soft parts and
it should take whatever you throw at it.  And for the Dawg, its only a
trans, not a diff...  he don't go round corners!  ;-)

Dawg, get yerself a real clutch....  Tilton!

Rick