[DeTomaso] Cobra / Shelby Club Race at Willow Springs / Rear Deck Lid Needed

Dan Courtney dfcex at pacbell.net
Wed May 14 02:50:56 EDT 2008

"The Beast" was running great on the Willow Springs track this weekend.
It was the only Pantera in the Cobra / Shelby Club and ran in their race group. Never got passed and passed 7 or 8 of their fastest, including some original Trans Am racers who compete at the Coronado Speed Festival and the Vintage Races at Laguna Seca / Monterey. I love it when a plan comes together!
The only problem was the carbon fiber deck lid blew off again (after having new "industrial strength" fasteners fabbed the day before). It got crushed by a vintage '64 Falcon Trans Am racer and needs to be replaced.
Please let me know if anyone has a lead on one.
I also have to find a front air dam. Speculation is the absence of one is causing too much air to get trapped under the car and pressing the rear deck lid upwards.
If a front air dam doesn't solve it then I'll need to louver the deck lid. I already have a clear out for the air through the rear screen where the AC condenser used to be but there is still too much air pushing up, (up up and away for the deck lid).
I can say for sure though this car holds the road MUCH better without a deck lid (they let me run without).

Dan

Dan F. Courtney

Excalibur Commercial Real Estate Services
La Jolla, CA

Phone (858) 551-5455
Fax (858) 551-5456