[DeTomaso] Speedo Question no 2...Euro Speedo

ProvaMo.com Pantera007 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 13 17:23:20 EDT 2008

Fernando,

There are quite a few speedometer variants.

I think I documented 4-6 versions so far on my website.

On the back of the speedo should be a number (ratio ?) which
may tell you what you need.

I know of at least 4 ZF angle drive adapters, which is the part
you may need to change to match your speedo.  This part is also
stamped with the ratio you will need to match against the speedo ratio.

Roland might have a supply of this 90-degree angle adapters.

I know I may need to replace mine, but I have yet to get to that task.

Let me know which speedo variant you have, and what the number is on the
back, I may have more info.

Chuck

I managed to found a Euro Speedo, reading in KM, rather than MPH... is it a
plug and play replacement or , (As I think) I will need to adjust the gears?
Any knowledge on how to do it?

Nando.
Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live
Spaces. It's easy!
http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&
mkt=en-us