[DeTomaso] Shifter rattle / Dick Ruzzin

dyogi dyogi at hawaii.rr.com
Tue May 13 05:14:48 EDT 2008

I had the same rattle only mine was in second gear under load.  The shift
lever seemed to rattle in the box and made contact with the sides of the
gate.  If I pulled the lever back towards neutral, the rattling stopped.  My
solution was to back off the adjustment a bit towards the neutral position
and that stopped the rattle.  Check to see if your rattling stops when
pressure is applied to the gear shift, if it does, adjust the lever in that
direction.

Aloha From Hawaii,

Dennis

Checked by AVG.