[DeTomaso] Shifter rattle

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon May 12 17:14:00 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/12/08 10:58:23 AM, jmontero at fcmat.org writes:

> Is there something lowerin the mechanism that would cause this irritating
> little rattle?

THere is a u-joint up front and another one back by the engine, but I suspect
your rattle is sometjhing loose- perhaps the entire shfter where it bolts to
the chassis under the console, the shift rod touching the firewall where it
passes thru, or some other, I'd check all the above for tightness, then check
the motor mount bolts going into the block, as shakes should not happen to this
extent. Good luck- J Deryke