[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 46, Issue 11

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Mon May 12 16:43:24 EDT 2008

The way I understand it the return (cold) line from the radiator and any port on the water pump housing is effectively at the same pressure level. This will create almost zero water flow. In order to make it work you'd want to connect one side to the output of the thermostat housing or the old block mounted heater core nipple and the other to a port on the water pump. This will however not produce the kind of water flow that at least my oil cooler is designed for. I (and Thomas Törnblom) have the Ford Crown Victoria coolers that have a Laminova core in a Ford cast aluminum housing. The water connections are 1.5" in diameter and you run the full radiator flow through the cooler core. John Taphorn installed his cooler very similar to how Thomas' and mine are installed.

Tomas