[DeTomaso] Speedo question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon May 12 15:36:53 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/12/08 11 16 18, bjbstewart at yahoo.com writes:

> I have 17" rims on my Pantera, and it seems that the dimensions have
> changed enough to read out about 10 mph faster than the actual speed (verified my
> good Palo Alto PD's friends radar).  What is the standard fix for this, or is
> there one?

One of the best speedometer shops in the USA is Palo Alto Speedometer, which
is obviously close to you. :>)

They can cook up an adapter, basically a tiny little gearbox that has an
input from the speedo cable, a pair of reduction gears, and a short output to the
speedo, and make it dead nuts perfect.

Or, you can do what everybody else does, and just mentally calculate that the
numbers on the clock are a bit higher than reality.   My speedo reads exactly
5 mph fast at 80 mph--so I just drive around with 80 mph on the clock knowing
I'm going 75....