[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 46, Issue 11

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 12:41:02 EDT 2008

Bob,

      Do you mean that you had an oil to water heat exchanger connected to the hot water coming from the engine, not the cooler water from the radiator?

      I guess I always assumed the oil to water heat exchangers were in series in the flow from the radiator to the engine?  Since the net heat created by the engine is unchanged, I figured cooling the oil first wound not change the overall engine cooling.

  Ken

RCBSONS1 at aol.com wrote:
  Thomas,
We now have the oil cooler return
run to the return line of the cooling system.
Last year I had it plumbed to and from the
water pump and I believe that is what caused
the water pump failure... I was a bit disappointed
this year when it did not work thinking I solved
the problem with a proper plumbing job....

As I have told many you cannot simulate
the the track running any where else as you
have to be what I call "on the pipe" pushing
the car for appox three laps to get the temperature
up to the 300 plus range.... back off a little and
it comes down rather quickly... I can run all
day long with the car at 180 or 190 depends if
I turn on one fan or two then the oil temp is about
15 to 20 degree above that maybe 210

Make some changes again and then back to
the track for testing

Bob

favorites at AOL Food.