[DeTomaso] What do all these components have in common?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun May 11 19:48:17 EDT 2008

Charlie, I had a suddenly non-working horn many years ago. Thinking maybe
your other electricals are coincidental to the horns, here's what I did.   I got
my VOM and started from the horns in the rt. front fender. Hooking up to the
horns with a spare battery & patch-cords, they worked. So I worked my way back
to the horn button with the VOM, and found the horn button is grounded thru a
spot of solder half-way down the stalk, the ground wire connecting inside the
stalk where its not visible. I heated up the existing solder-spot from the
outside while pushing against the ground wire from the other side, and it
re-soldered. Worked for me on our '72; your situation may be different with a
wide-body. Good luck- J DEryke