[DeTomaso] Pantera down the street

Ian H ihannington286720mi at comcast.net
Sun May 11 09:40:35 EDT 2008

I was out walking my dog in my neighborhood yesterday, and out of the corner of my eye I saw a the familiar look of a Carrello tail light.  When I got up to the house, sure enough there was a Pantera parked in the garage and the owner was in there shining it up.  He just bought the car from an older gentleman whos had it since new.  I saw it once years ago at the Ford 100th aniversary event.  Mike Drew may remember it.  It's a super low mileage '72 that was painted a funky light green metallic color, and he claimed it came from the factory that way and was the only one that color.

Anyway, it turns out the new owner is a  big Ford nut and buys and sells Ford muscle cars.  He bought a Pantera a couple of yeas ago and just cleaned it up and sold it again and never really drove it.  After driving this Pantera,he says he's keeping it!  He also has two '67 GT500's.

So, it's pretty cool that there is another Pantera just 10-15 houses away from me.  In the near future I will try to get him on the realbig list and, of course steer him over to Chuck's registry.

Ian