[DeTomaso] 485.8 RWHP & TRIPLE DISC CLUTCH????

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 02:38:11 EDT 2008

Thanks Ken.  As brutal as Harv and Joe were on the engine or the clutch I have to say they never broke either one. As long as I don't pull any hard WOT pulls the Centerforce can handle it.  The McLeod may not be the best clutch for what I need. I just believe these guys when they say the Centerforce is holding HP back.

The engine  (thanks  Russ) is STILL a BEAST.  What really surprised me was how much of  a BEAST it became with Mike Trusty's IR-EFI  system so again I say Thank YOU MIke.    As much improved as the tune is now wotz amazing is these guys are saying the engine and the efi will make even more HP & TQ. How much is more?  Without hesitation Harv said  easily 500 at the rear wheels.

MD

Ken Green <kenn_green at yahoo.com> wrote: I think McLeod makes two twin disk street clutches.  The original Street Twin (about $1,200) which uses a specific flywheel, and the RST Street Twin (about $800) which bolts to a stock flywheel.  I think someone said that there might be a lot of adjustment required for the RST which would be a pain for a Pantera.

  Ken

Mad Dog Antenucci <teampantera at yahoo.com> wrote:
  On the Engine Dyno Pulls:
Final adjustments at HMS Performance in Whittier made

485.8 RWHP @ 6,000 R's
459.3 RWTQ @5,500 R's

Yea, we have the dyno sheets. Definately there was and still is adequate free play on adjustment before we ever got to the dyno shop. Dick and the guys in the shop know what they are doing. It wasn't set it up too tight and Drenske has set the Centerforce up the last 2 times.

Definately its also the right Byers Precision Pro-Formance supplied Pantera specific dual friction Centerforce assembly. Dick also set the new assembly with the old side-by-side. Drenske could do these blind. And yea same-same throw out bearing.

Talking to EriK Belter and Dick Drenske and Harv the guys at HMS they're ALL convinced that the Centerforce just can't cut it on serious power for long. These guys as you know Mike are all pro's. I told them you said it wasn't set up right and they said something about kicking your ass...I think they were kidding! ;-]>

In summary the feedback from JT, Erik and others is forget the Centerforce and forget the triple disc clutch but definately go with a double disc McCloud..

Dawg