[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 46, Issue 9- Oil Cooler pump

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat May 10 17:22:15 EDT 2008

In a message dated 5/9/08 10:56:46 AM, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> I think 5/8 hard lines under the car but as most have told me I will need
> to pump that far... I will
> leave the stat in the filter adapter and the only time I really need to use
> the cooler is when we
> track the car... put the pump on a switch would be best (electric).... now
> who... what size.... pressure???

Those are dash-10, maybe a little small for the rpms you like to turn.
Suggest using- FOR BOB'S APPLICATION ONLY- a high-volume 351-C oil pump and dash-12
lines- maybe hard lines with short aeroquips connecting each end, well
protected up in the floor next to the water transfer tubes ala factory GT5-S coolers.
12 feet up & back is a looong way to pump the lifeblood of your engine and
there will be some pressure & volume loss however you do it. Keeping the
thermostat is a good idea IMHO. Better luck next year- when you lap the field!
Cheers- J DeRyke