[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 46, Issue 9- Oil Cooler

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 10 16:07:58 EDT 2008

What do the Nascar guys use? They are up in the high RPM's most of the race?

John Taphorn <jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com> wrote:  Julian

I had the opportunity to be a small part of a conversation with Bob in the
Hospitality Suite at Vegas regarding his high oil temp dilemma.

My positive experience with the Laminova cooler is based on keeping revs at
or under 6000RPM. Bob commented that at those relatively lazy RPMs he has
no oil temp problems at all with the Water to oil style coolers.

However, the situation changes when he uses his 6800 RPM shift point. It is
at this level the water to oil cooler alone has been unable to keep his high
temps at bay.

JT