[DeTomaso] 3RD & FINAL DYNO PULL

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 12:54:32 EDT 2008

472.2 RWHP @ 6250  - 411RWTQ @ 5,100 RPM. . .

  Across the entire RPM range on HP/TQ we made more power at every RPM level with essentially the same street engine built as built 2 years ago. On WOT the new Centerforce clutch could not keep up.  The only significant change or improvement to Russ Fulps (Russ Fulps Race Engines/BL Machine in Anaheim)  engine (which specs are on my web site) was adding Mike Trusty's IR-EFI system. Mike's system uses Kelly's new custom IR-EFI intake. Only thing we didn't do and should have done was to run dyno with filters in place to see how much HP we are losing.

  Here's how the final dyno numbers 472.2 RWHP @ 6,250 work out compared to 2006 where we were running the same build but with the port matched Rosch intake and 830cfm Holly.

  In 2006 running on street gas our best dyno pull was 445.3 RWHP @ 6,300 and 391.1 RWTQ @ 5,100 RPM. We got higher with more carburator but it wasn't streetable and that is the major non-power issue with the EFI....drivability, idle etc are all improved.

  Bad news is I need more clutch. Its new Centerforce replacement but its still  slipping under WOT! yea, I know I sang the praises of Centerforce before. It should be okay for NORC orr next week but we're replacing it after the NORC.

  These are big HP numbers for a street motor. Thanks again go to Russ Fulps, Dick Drenske, Mike Trusty, Kelly Cofield, Harv's Performance Center and the rest of the team and our sponsors (Bob Benson, Precision Pro-Formance and Pantera Parts Connection) for their support.

  Good Times

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com