[DeTomaso] Pantera LEDs *Attention* previous buyers

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Thu May 8 17:15:11 EDT 2008

Mike

The direct link is http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/Classified/LED%20Light%20Bulbs%20PromoJT.html

It is in the classified section

JT
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: michael at michaelshortt.com
  To: John Taphorn
  Cc: detomaso at realbig.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 2:41 PM
  Subject: Re: [DeTomaso] Pantera LEDs *Attention* previous buyers

  where on the website?

  On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:53 PM, John Taphorn <jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com> wrote:

    Pantera owners

    Space City Panteras had sold all the LED Kits (15) we had assembled by year
    end 2007.  Our margin was so small, capital outlay so large, and the effort
    so significant that we wrestled with whether to assemble additional kits for
    sale.  After much thought and emails from owners requesting them, Space City
    decided to create 5 additional LED kits for sale.  Even better, one of our
    LED suppliers invited us to become a dealer and provided us better pricing.
    As a result, we were able to add to the kit a set of LED back-up lights ( a
    $35 value) while keeping the price of the entire kit at $200!  David Bell
    tested numerous available bulbs for the back-up receptacles before
    determining this set as the best.  Two of the five kits are already spoken
    for leaving three left.

    No, you couldn't buy these LED bulbs, electronic flasher, diodes, pigtail
    wiring and shipping from multiple suppliers cheaper yourself.  The break
    light LEDs alone are $70.

    This is a great value and I believe converts every exterior incandescent
    bulb (except headlight) with a brighter LED.

    We are updating our www.spacecitypanteras.com website to show this new
    package details.

    I suspect that they will go fast. Let me know if you want me to reserve a
    set for you.

    Previous LED Purchasers

    I decided to take pictures of my taillight assembly with all the new LEDs
    installed (including the back-up light) so that it would be available for
    viewing on the website.

    Unfortunately, I was unable to install the new larger Brake LEDs.  The
    problem is that the manufacturer changed over from a metal to plastic
    housing and the plastic housing is a bit wider.  This slight change made
    what was originally a very tight squeeze seemingly impossible.

    Fortunately, I was able to  chuck the back-up LEDs in a lathe and turn down
    the housing to an ID that permits smooth installation.

    The problem is that Space City has sold about five sets with these larger
    brake lights with plastic housings.  And although no one has complained, I
    am uncertain how they were able to fit them and I would like to improve
    their experience.  If you have received the Brake lights with the white
    plastic housing, please contact me.  If you return those bulbs to me, I will
    reduce the OD  in a lathe and they will fit much better.  Of course, if you
    have access to a lathe, you could accomplish the same thing.  But, I am
    prepared to do it for you if you request it.

    I apologize for the inconvenience.  The difference in OD is so small, I had
    thought it immaterial, however, it seems a little bit matters in this
    application.

    JT

  --
  Michael L. Shortt
  Savannah, Georgia
  michael at michaelshortt.com
  912-232-9390

  privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
  communication is strictly prohibited. Please reply to the sender that you
  have received this message in error, then delete it. Thank you