[DeTomaso] Rear Suspension

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Thu May 8 06:57:08 EDT 2008

You've had  a couple of different views, but I would at least dismount and
lube the other side while you are in the area. If you are lucky, then it
only needs some grease and a zerk or two. But these things tend to wear
equally and you should take a hint, I think.

If you are lucky, then greasing it will avoid a SERIOUS headache later if
the shaft seizes up. If you aren't lucky and it is already frozen, then let
me know. I have photos of replacing the shaft and bearings on my car. It
wasn't fun and I now have a much larger power tool collection.

The theory is straightforward, but it is long, frustrating, and messy. My
situation was made worse, as Tomas said, by having parts that were
oh-so-slightly out of tolerance that required hand fitting.

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness across Europe"
http://members.aol.com/PanteraGT5S1985/