[DeTomaso] zddp additive for flat tappet engines

michaelsavga at gmail.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed May 7 22:49:46 EDT 2008

I have seen this before.  I think I saw something regarding motorcycle racers now using shell rotella oil  because of this.   Michael in savannah

From:	JJD1010 at aol.com

Date:	Wed, 7 May 2008 22:42:33
To:detomaso at realbig.com
Subject: [DeTomaso] zddp additive for flat tappet engines

Got this while I was at Vegas where  we discussed the need for zddp additive
for flat tappet engines. I have no  financial connection to this company!
Jeff
6559
Over the past 20 years, unknown by  most, motor oil manufacturers have been
incrementally reducing the amount of a  major component in motor oil.  The
reason behind this is to keep our air clean by increasing the life expectancy of
catalytic converters in new cars  up to 100,000 miles or more.  That  is
fine, but what about cars without catalytic converters?
The oil component in question is  ZDDP *.  This oil additive has been  used
in motor oil for almost 70 years to handle areas of extreme pressure like  flat
tappets and camshafts, wrist pins, pushrod ends, rings and so forth.  Car
manufacturers have tried to address  this in newer engines by using roller
lifters and re-engineering other areas of  extreme pressure.
Older engines (pre mid 1990s) using  the new oil formulations are not fully
protected as they have been in years  past.  About 3 years ago engine  builders
noticed a marked increase in engine failures.  One engine builder said that
he  experienced more engine failures in 3 years than he had in the last 30
years.  A search began to find out  the cause and they discovered that the oil
formulation had been changed.  In 2005 the level of ZDDP in motor oils  had been
dropped to below the minimum  level recommended by automotive engineers.
See our website at _http://www.zddpoiladditive.com/_
(http://www.zddpoiladditive.com/)  for links to articles by Hot Rod  magazine, High Performance
Pontiac, Comp Cams, American Engine Rebuilders  Association and others that discuss
the problem.  Or search for "ZDDP" in Google to see the thousands  of
discussions and articles.
Once the problem was understood,  alternative solutions began cropping up.
These included using diesel engine oil and racing oil.  However, both of these
have their  shortcomings when used as the motor oil in a street driven
gasoline engine.  Oils for diesels are designed for  engines with different bearing
clearances, different viscosity needs, and are  very high in detergents.
Racing  oils are very expensive and are not designed for long term use and do not
usually come in the viscosities needed for a regularly driven vehicle.
Our new product ZDDPlus was created by car  enthusiasts for car enthusiasts.
Now the answer to the problem is simple, just replace the ZDDP in your
favorite brand name oil by adding one 4 ounce bottle of ZDDPlus at each oil change.
 Instead of guessing that you have the  correct level of protection, ZDDPlus
ensures that you have the  correct level of protection.  For  approximately
$10.00 per oil change it is cheap insurance.  ZDDPlus was created to fill the
needs of collector car owners.
See detailed information on ZDDPlus at:
_http://www.zddpoiladditive.com/zddplus.htm_ (http://www.zddpoiladditive.com/zddplus.htm)
Our company ZDDP Oil Additive is your source for ZDDPlus.  Our mission is to
supply you with ZDDPlus as quickly as possible.  We have the product in stock
and we will  ship it to you immediately.
If you are an officer or member of a  car club you may want to inform your
club members of the ZDDP issue in your  newsletter or web site.  Feel free  to
use the information in this email, our website or the links in our  website.
We recently talked to an  old friend who we had not talked to in some time.  He
said that he just went through 2 new  Chevy crate motors with no clue as to
what happened.  One of the engines had a camshaft that  went flat.  Please
don't let this  happen to you or your club members and call us if you have any
questions.
ZDDPlus Pricing:
Single 4-ounce Bottle of ZDDPlus $9.95 plus $6 shipping
Four-Pack of the 4-ounce Bottles of  ZDDPlus $39.80 plus $8 shipping
Six-Pack of the 4-ounce Bottles of  ZDDPlus $59.70 plus $8 shipping
For California orders sales taxes  apply
Call us for club discounts on larger  quantities

ZDDP Oil Additive
P.O.Box  4547, San Dimas, CA  91773
Phone  909-392-8440
_http://www.zddpoiladditive.com/_ (http://www.zddpoiladditive.com/)