[DeTomaso] DYNO PULL #2 - DAWG DYNO RESULTS - WHO WON?

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Wed May 7 15:57:41 EDT 2008

With injector fixed guys did a second dyno pull just before lunch and they made 460RWHP @ 5,000 R's. May do a 6-6500 power pull tomorrow if all continues to go well. They were getting a cam sync default at 5,000....should no more tomorrow.

  Dawg

Mad Dog Antenucci <teampantera at yahoo.com> wrote:
    Curt, AJ, All,

  We shut engine down on 1st dyno pull when it was obvious we had a problem...I mean challenge ;-]>

  Pulled plugs...all looked good except #2 & 3
  #2 plug was dry....initial dignosis is the injector or efi wire.
  #3 plug had a little oil on it (compression looked okay).

  The guys were going to work on both today. both the shop and engine builder (Russ Fulps) and Dick Drenske all feel its very likely the oil on the plug may be result of rings not seating yet on #3 since engine hasn't been under load yet. If they can fix the #2 issue engine builder is confident enough in his build to tell me to run next week at Nevada.

  Wish me luck.

  Dawg

Curt Hall <cuvee at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  What the Hell, one cylinder take the day OFF? Whats up with that?

asajay at asajay.com wrote: Hmm, well, did cylinder number eight die of kibble?
Well, even if not, Matt would be the winner because he guessed ZERO,
and would be the only person who didn't guess -over-.

So what's the story?

Asa Jay

Quoting Mad Dog Antenucci :